Last week we cooked some good old comfort food – spag bog. Quick, easy, tasty.
Recipe adapted from Fast Food
- 1T olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 600g beef mince
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 beef stock
- 2x400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 carrot, grated
- 350g spaghetti
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pan and add the onion and garlic, cooking for ~2minutes until soft.
- Add the mince, break up any lumps and cook for 5 minutes until browned
- Add the wine and simmer for ~3 minutes
- Add the stock and simmer for another few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and carrot and season with salt and pepper
- Cook on low for 40 minutes (not essential, but it does taste better the longer it simmers for)
- About 15 minutes before serving, cook the pasta in salted boiling water.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and serve with the sauce.
- Top with grated parmesan and garnish with parsley (optional)